Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Shower Numero Uno

A few weeks ago, I flew up to Wheaton to be blessed with 2 showers for... you guessed it, Baby Fink! Or, He Who Shall Not Be Named (yet).
The above picture includes my darling shower planners, Auntie Bonnie, my mom, Kelly, & Whitney. They did a fabulous job! Whit graciously hosted all 28 female family members at her house. We squeezed in there perfectly! Decorations included the cute "baby Fink" banner, the diaper cake below, nest & egg cupcakes, & of course, lots of blue!



The shower game was a hilarious "old wives tale" sheet. For example, "If you have colder feet than usual, you're having a ____" Guests were to insert either "boy" or "girl." However, if you're Auntie Bonnie, you would have fun shouting things like, "nervous breakdown!" instead. Whit did a great job managing the crazies during the game. Also, you can see everyone lined up around the room. I told you there were a lot of my wonderful aunts and cousins there.

Then came the presents. My goodness, I was so blessed! It was very humbling to receive all such loving and generous gifts. As I sorted through the 80+ pictures my cousin took for me, I laughed not only at my own expressions, but WHIT takes the cake. Out of respect and love for her, I will not post the series I had in mind, but know that she is most expressive while watching baby gifts being opened.

The lamb pictured above was a gift from my grandma. When squeezed, it plays a recording of a small child reciting The Lord's Prayer. If you'd like to hear it, give me a call. Then you can decide if it's really cute or actually kind of creepy. In the picture, I think we're listening to Grandma explain the lamb.

My cousins Sarah and Hannah, slaving away in the kitchen. They also happened to be my photographers, so I have a lot of pictures of the two of them now. :)



All in all, a WONDERFUL time with family!!

*second shower post coming soon!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you just make a Voldemort reference about your son? Will his name be Harry?

Unknown said...

PS I wonder if it's the same kid that was in a stuffed animal that somebody gave Cam? He is probably thirty and making all kinds of royalties.

Laura and Andy said...

FUN TIMES! or will his name be neville??? haha!

yeah the little kid is creepy!

whitney mckevitt said...

Ha, thanks for the love and respect! Can't wait for my first nephew and our visit in May!

Kelly McKevitt said...

i am now calling it 'baby voldy'!

Megan Del Castillo said...

love the pics and stories....kind of want to see the pics of whit's many expressions:)!