Wednesday, July 21, 2010

my theory.

i have this theory about making yourself do things you don't like but feel like you should like them.

ben thinks it's ridiculous, but i still try to convince him that he really might like onions, peppers, and board games if he keeps eating and playing them.

i'm just saying, i used to only eat iceberg lettuce and ranch dressing as my "salad."
it can be done.


that's a little bit of how i feel with regard to blogging.

i think that i should have a blog. i even want to have a blog. but it seems hard.

that quote "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step" comes to mind.
i went through a phase where i read a lot of quotation books.

so this is my step. it's official. i'm starting a blog.

when i told my friend erica, she immediately texted me, "what?! are you pregnant??"
which i find funny, because in my mind i might have been waiting to have a child before creating this blog.

but hey, my life is interesting as is.

and so this journey begins. we'll see how it goes.

12 comments:

kate said...

i can't tell you how excited i was when i saw this pop up in facebook. hurray! you are already in my google reader...so you better keep posting. :) love you see you soon!

Erica said...

yes! mentioned in the first post. this is a great start. now i want to see 1 million pictures of your house. pronto.
xo

kate said...

oh yes, and also, a little offended that you contacted erica to tell her about your blog and not me. (nothing against you, erica, i think you are lovely!) ouch. i had to find out on impersonal facebook.

Unknown said...

Putting this in my reader now.

Having a blog isn't hard...it's a pretty great way to record God's grace over time.

Now you, like me, can stay up at night wondering what you will do if your blog gets eaten by the internet one day. Oh, sorry. That probably isn't helpful.

whitney mckevitt said...

I love that you have a blog- I am a blog reader of many, whether they know it or not. But definitely not a blogger yet. Who knows, perhaps someday. If you can give into blogging, then maybe I can too!

See you soon!

Whit

angela said...

yay! can't wait to keep reading. p.s. i added u to my sharing in my reader but i still dont know what it means. oh well.

erin said...

if every day of blogging is this exciting, i'm totally sold.

thanks for the comments. :)

Jenny said...

it loaded. and it was worth it :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm not tech savvy but I think this would be a cool way to keep in touch with my friend:-)
Adriane:-)

Mama Boo said...

I'm happy because being the personal assistant to the matron of honor at Caroline and Kirk's wedding will now be immortalized in your blog!

Megan Del Castillo said...

i may not be the first to know of it...but i'm the first to follow it:)
love you girl...glad you're taking the first step!

Laura and Andy said...

so i am really behind the times! I just realized you have a blog! putting it in my reader! welcome!