Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Friendly Visit

A couple of weeks ago, we had a very special visitor! My darling friend Kate. She and I have been BFFs (apart from our sisters, of course :) ) for 16 years! Woah. If you do the math, since we were 9. Her sweet husband Eric got her ticket to come see Haddon and I was thrilled. She has 2 boys, Henry, 3, & Gray, 1, at home and I love them! I am so excited to introduce Haddon to his little buddies in just a couple of days!




While Kate was here, Haddon took plenty of naps in above position. Well, not quite always in that exact position, but on Kate's lap. She was a great help to me & I felt very spoiled. It was fun to talk babies but also to have someone who gets my random references and will play Speed Scrabble with me. Even though I lost every time. With Haddon's feeding schedule being every 3 hours, we made efficient use of the in-between time & went to the pool twice! Kate was still adjusting to her weekend without children when we got out of the car at the pool and she exclaimed, "I forgot pool toys!" On Sunday night, Ben, Kate & I went out for Mexican (thanks, Sarah!), walked around the lake there, and ended up at the Wine Vault. After confirming that nursing mothers can partake in small doses, we had a nice evening complete with wine. Pictures like the one below happen when we hang out.

Thanks for coming, Kate!!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

small dose? looked like a full glass to me :) looking forward to the day when all the BFF sisters can be reunited again!!