Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Pun at Midnight

The other night, as I was up feeding Haddon, I made myself chuckle. While this isn't a rare thing, as I find myself entertaining most of the time, I actually felt I had to share this on the blog. With a photo, so you would understand. Attribute it to lack of sleep, maybe. Or that I'm just a little weird.

Here's the situation:

I was burping my sweet little boy, patting his back when I felt something fuzzy. Oh yes, I thought, Haddon has on his "beary cute" pajamas from Mrs. Bradley. I am patting his bear butt.

pause.

bear butt. BARE butt?

that's when i laughed. oh homophones, you do make a good pun.

so here's a picture of aforementioned butt. i thought about posting 2 pictures to compare bear vs. bare, but will err on the side of modesty.

6 comments:

Devan said...

Hahaha. I just love that little butt! : ) And, I personally find homophone puns downright hilarious.

Unknown said...

Somehow making yourself laugh in the quiet middle of the night makes everything funnier, too. Not saying that the pun isn't funny, but I can picture you giggling at yourself and trying to be quiet, which makes it worse/better.

Laura and Andy said...

ha ha! ella likes they view! we were reading your blog and then we got to the picture. i went to close the blog and ella grabbed my hand off the computer and started chewing it and staring at Haddons bear butt... good thing you didnt post his bare butt or we would be in trouble!!!!!

kmiddlesworth said...

Oh, this post is wonderful. I feel like I'm sitting next to you, hearing you tell me this story. I think of you every time I hear a good (or bad) pun. ~karen

Keitts said...

i love you so much :)

Erica said...

just on here looking at haddon . . . and his booty . . .