Sunday, July 10, 2011

Heather's Cupcake Shower


Last Saturday, I had the privilege of hosting my sister-in-law Heather's baby shower. She is due to have a girl the first week of August. It's been super fun being able to share the experience of pregnancy & I can't wait to meet her little girl! She is the first baby to make me an Auntie, so I'm excited for her arrival.

Ok, so the theme of the shower was "Heather's Little Cupcake." I found this cute invitation on Evite & thought it would be perfect. I went with the colors yellow & pink . (Heather's nursery is a woodland theme, with oranges, brown, & green, and her mom threw her a shower of that theme already, so I felt she needed something girly.)

Heather, Haddon & I


When Kate was here visiting, she found a sweet cupcake garland online. It was easy to make; you just string cupcake liners of different colors & doilies together. It looked cute hanging from the mantle. I also dolled up the mantle with some pretty girl baby things.

And then there was the food: cupcakes, obviously. I made the mini-cupcakes on the left, Tammy, our mother-in-law, made the chocolate & pink ones, Betsy made lemon-raspberry ones that were oh-so-good, & Laura made the cake pops! Cute, huh??


For a more healthy option...


Full mantle shot
There was a great turn out!


Haddon was swinging away in the corner 'til Tamaw arrived!


Yay for Heather's Little Cupcake!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww, I'm sad that you're a little blurry in that last action shot.

It was a great time...well done, hostess.

Heather Fink said...

WELL DONE EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS SHOWER POSSIBLE! Erin, you did an excellent job and I loved every detail. Thank you for all you do and I can't wait to give you your first niece here soon! Love you, Heather